You are currently browsing the category archive for the ‘Co-creation’ category.
Well now TXTual Healing (Interactive SMS based Street Performance) have a launched a new project called Drip TXT (Working with Adam Chapman and the hand of Graffiti Artist Jesus Saves). Yet another example how Public Space is transforming into a playground.
What can we learn from this?
Thanks to David Armano
I believe we have to go cold turkey on the trading way of living..
To really make progress we need to start sharing.. Sharing at networkevents, business, schools, wherever.. If you have an apple and I have an orange and we trade.. I have an apple and yo have an orange.. When we exchanges ideas.. We both have two ideas and maybe some insights to create a third.. 😉
Robert Wright: How cooperation (eventually) trumps conflict
If we are slowly moving to an Creative/emotion driven market, how can stockmarkets/financial institutions assess value? How can you predict and define value in such an abstract, emotional and human environment.
I asked a question in LinkedIn. Excellent tool! See the question and answers below..
Conclusion: We tend to have different believes…
What is the most important ingredient in the process of creation?
- The ability to suspend judgment and allow ideas to flow.
- A well defined problem. In advertising, the problem might be “Our product (company) is perceived as such and such, we want to change that perception to so and so. How do we do it?”
- Creativity … a defined problem and clarity are great, but you need to be able to go outside the box … often a long way when creating someting new …
- Passion and simplicity.
- Some people are better at creation than others. No mistake : all people are creative. But some have more passion, interest and talent for creation. Are willing to invest time in it, are taking the risks to experiment.
Further : the right mix of people in a creation process : different kinds of people can augment each others’ talents.
Environment : Differs greatly for different people, but Fear is the greatest enemy of creation. Boundaries, however, can help creation very well. I always like to think of the ideal creation environment as one where I would like to play a game in.
- Perseverence/persistence, visualization, trust and inner peace
- Trust! Theory of Social Constructivism: there is no one reality or there is only one reality, either is the same leading to us ourselves: the absolute top of creativity. Therefor it helps me to trust that coincidence does not exist as creation is creating reality.
- Me… or you?
- Well, based on my experience in creating mobile phones from idea to mass-market creation – mix of people, information (of market), experience, trial-error method and also perseverance to the issue at hand, and a bit of a madness as well…One of the most interesting concepts of a mobile phone was made in cellar of an old house purposefully – not within processes of full R&D engineers … At least, this is the way story goes 😎 .The process of innovation is naturally an interesting area where creativity is needed besides using it for advertising – where similar “propeller heads” are needed to create new campaigns…
- I’m going to have to go with water, an amino-acid rich watery soup, and radiant energy (preferably UV).
- Maybe this is too obvious, but it seems the answer is in the question: creativity. To drill down a bit, I’d say that means the ability to think in non-linear ways, to connect seemingly random ideas and (sometimes to one’s detriment) constantly live in the world of possibility. As with intelligence, though, I think there are a number of axes on which creativity can be measured (visual, verbal, etc.) (It has been postulated that the top 1% of creatives have characteristics that may put them at a psychological/functional disadvantage in the “real” world)
- Tough question. As someone in a continually creative position I would say the MOST important ingredient is going to vary… Some days, a problem is presented and a creative solution is required. The pressure of the situation will often force creativity (think of a brainstorming session) Some days, creativity happens as a result of having time and resources at hand. (Consider playing around with ideas because there is NO pressure) Some days, creativity will spring upon you unbidden (think of the brilliant middle of the night idea). I think a willingness to accept is probably the only ingredient that consistently carries through all these situations. (And I am equally certain that there are other situations that elicit creativity.
- Curiosity. That’s what gives me the ability to step into my client’s world. A strong desire to know or learn something that then becomes a product of my imagination
- Fantasy and dreams
Thanks to all that contributed!
Currently I am working on basically a presentation linking it all together( well atleast for me). Wondering if I should share it all openly.. It starts to be, I believe, a powerful story..
The beauty is that what I am preaching I need to practice..
Arghh end of the week it is online…
My proposal for a ChangeThis Manifesto was approved. Currently my proposal is up for voting. When I have enough votes(I have no idea what enough is) it will be published.
Here is my proposal:
Value Creation: The RIGHT way
The coming years competitive advantage for corporations is created purely by right brain activities: creativity, intuition, emotion, communication and a holistic view of the world. This manifesto is about releasing the strength of the right side brain within businesses. It shows ways to create new value in an emotional driven world. This manifesto has the ambition to support companies to reach their true potential. Not through growth but through self actualization. “A company at best can be itself”
Thanks for voting for this manifesto!
Been busy working on a model for value creation. Nowhere have I found a model that I truely believe. Most of the current models about competitive advantage, blue oceans and innovations have a left brain way of solving the problem. It is often based on rational decisions, cause and effect, schematics and matrices. Well we have a right brain problem..and we try to solve it with left brain answers..
So after some investigations in how the brain works and how people self actualize I tried to create a wheel that seems more balanced between right and left brain activities and internal and external activities. The current model is 3/4 right brain and 1/4 only left brain. Alot more in balance to operate in this holistic, creative, emotional and communicative age. Hard to sell that 3/4 of the time people in your company are not productive in the traditional sense?
Something I am confident to share is that the first phase of the wheel is what I call “
Imagine Intuition”. In this phase you create your wish, belief or challenge. This basically changes your perception. This is in my opinion the biggest achievement of the whole creation cycle. Many companies describe their goals through cause and effect( 10% more sales than last year, higher penetration in..) or they create a very functional mission(making the best shoes). BAM..There it just went wrong.. It doesn’t change your perception. How difficult is it to change if your perception of yourself in a larger context did not change. Therefore impossible to self actualize..(right?) Let go of your current situation. David Wolfe of Ageless Marketing wrote this about corporate selfactualization: “Maslow would view FoEs(Firms of Endearments) as having reached the organizational equivalent of self-actualization. To reach that level in human life requires “letting go” of the ego. With ego in recession, a person’s worldview changes from self-centeredness to others-centeredness. This doesn’t mean the sacrifice of one’s self-interest. Self-interest is all the better served at the highest levels of maturity. This is true of companies as well as human beings.”
So what I preach in the first step of the wheel is to wish, believe or challenge yourself. Free from form or function. This first step, often ignited by an event, is crucial in the process. Those who fail will describe themselves as” I am a moneymaking machine” those that succeed in this phase describe themself as ” I (wish) to support people in…” for example.
Have trust and let go. Believe that the rest of the creation process will fall into place. A company at best can be what it is.
Soon more on the subject. Any feedback or opinions are more than welcome..